Chelsea legend Frank Lampard not ready to announce retirement yet


Frank Lampard has told the Daily Mail that he has “turned down a few Premier League offers” and is not yet ready to officially hang up his boots.
Lampard, 38, left New York City FC at the end of the 2016 Major League Soccer season and has been without a club since.
Fellow Premier League legend Steven Gerrard opted to quit playing when his deal with LA Galaxy expired at the same time, but Lampard is still keeping his options open.
In an interview with former England teammate and ex-Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher, he explained why he is still to accept his playing days are over.
“I see you, Rio [Ferdinand] and Stevie [Gerrard], all retired,” Lampard, who played for West Ham, Chelsea and Manchester City in the Premier League, said. “There is a part of me that wants to stay in the game. Sometimes I don’t know why. It just feels this is what I do.


“I’ve had two months off now. It takes me six weeks to relax and realise I haven’t got to train every day and think about the pressures.“Stevie made up his mind and was comfortable finishing the way he did. I wasn’t sure. I loved being in America. It was a great experience. People will be drawn to China because of the money but the lifestyle, everything about America, I couldn’t recommend it enough.
“But in terms of not retiring? I don’t want to leave and think to myself, ‘Maybe I should have stayed a bit longer.’ I’m dwelling on it. I have turned down a few Premier League offers. But the fact is, after being at Chelsea for so long and a year with Manchester City, I don’t want to get involved in a relegation dogfight.
“I don’t mind challenges but there comes a point when you have to take stock. I understand my weaknesses. It’s late January now and to try and get fit and then get into a team and make a massive impact … I don’t feel I could give enough.
“I just want to make sure I make the right decision. I’ve appreciated getting options at 38. If something comes along that floats my boat, who knows? But nothing has, so we will see.”

SHARE

Sana ur Rehman

Hi. I’m Sana ur Rehman Designer of This Blog. I’m CEO/Founder of Pak Zest. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment